V1.3 – Last updated 28th October 2020
Who are we
Our website address is: https://www.elitestyle.com. This website belongs to ELITE STYLE LONDON Limited which is registered in the UK (company number 11074974) and has its registered offices at 1 Park Road, Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames, Greater London, United Kingdom, KT1 4AS.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you choose to contact us using the form on our “Contact” page we will be sent an email message containing the name you supplied on the form, your email address and any personal information you choose to share. Your IP address will also be included in the email message we receive – this is captured for security reasons to help prevent fraudulent activity. Email addresses captured using our contact form are only used for customer service purposes, unless you also choose to opt-in to receive newsletters and marketing messages from us.
Online Store and Orders
Our “Services”, “Events” and “Products” pages all form part of our online store. When you view this content or add items to your shopping basket we will track:
- Products you have viewed: we will use this to, for example, show you products you have recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we will use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping;
- Shipping address: we will ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
If you submit an order for a Service, Event, or Product we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and account information like username and password. We will use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Process payments and prevent fraud;
- Set up your account for our website;
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes;
- Improve our website offerings;
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
The account that is created during checkout will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
When booking Services and Events we also use this data to allow us to provide a personalised service and make contact with you prior to the appointment taking place. Your home address is only used in these cases to help us assist you in determining the best venue for your appointment to take place.
Your IP address will also be included in the order details we receive – this is captured for security reasons to help prevent fraudulent activity.
Who we share your data with
We share your data with three companies:
- Automattic Inc. (utilising their “Website Statistics” and “Website Protect” features)
- PayPal (for payment processing)
- MailChimp (for mailing list management and fulfilment of marketing campaigns)
Data Used: IP address, user ID (if logged in), username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Data Used: When you opt in to receive marketing emails from us during checkout, we share your name and email address with MailChimp. When you receive, open, or click links within emails sent from us using MailChimp, the following data will be collected automatically by MailChimp:
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications our Members send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, except they cannot change their username. Website administrators can also see and edit that information. User profile records are retained for a period of 6 years following the most recent transaction completed on www.elitestyle.com.
For general enquiries received using the Contact Form or email address displayed on our “Contact” page we will retain these emails for a maximum of 6 months to allow time to deal with any repeat contact. If you are, or within 6 months of sending a message become, a customer of ELITE STYLE LONDON Limited (by booking any of our services, by booking a place on any of our events, or by buying any of our products) we will keep your email messages for up to 6 years to allow us to develop a full understanding of your interests and needs in relation to services and products offered by ELITE STYLE LONDON Limited.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We store encrypted backups of the www.elitestyle.com website and its database with a secure online storage service. Our online storage provider may store this data outside of the EU.
Our contact information
Our contact information is provided on our Contact page.
How we protect your data
www.elitestyle.com is secured with an SSL certificate and 128-bit encryption. This ensures that all data you send to us using www.elitestyle.com is secure. Our website is hosted using a leading hosting provider within a highly secure data centre based within the UK. Regular backups of our site and its database (containing your personal data) are taken and held securely within a private Google Drive account.
What data breach procedures we have in place
When we become aware that a data breach has occurred we will:
- Contact the data subject whose data was breached informing them of what has happened, when the breach occurred, and what data was shared;
- Contact the recipient of the data subject’s data and inform them that they must destroy all copies of the data immediately;
- Perform an internal investigation to understand how the breach occurred and identify additional measures to be put in place to prevent any future breaches.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive any data from third parties.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not perform any automated decision making. We will occasionally profile our customers as part of our commitment to offering you a tailored personal styling service, which may include receiving newsletters or other marketing materials from us if you have opted in to receive this information.